For over 30 years DeKALB has worked with the largest, most successful highway and construction safety companies to bring new products to the traffic safety market. Although the world of transportation, traffic safety and construction is known to be hazardous, DeKALB strives to make it safer with our safety enclosures and devices. Our innovative safety technologies (including barriers, stands, and guardrail blocks) are proven to reduce casualties.
Our core capabilities include:
- Strength-to-weight ratios that meet or exceed metal
- Process technology that allows low tool dollar investment
- State-of-the-art surface enhancement technology
- System development converting multiple parts to one seamless, low cost application
- Parts that absorb energy and shock
Our low pressure injection molding process focuses on structural foam molding. A chemical blowing agent is used to create a solid cellular structure, consequently reducing weight and cost. The result is an application that maintains a strength-to-weight ratio similar to metal.
We also specialize in gas assist molding, where nitrogen gas is used to hollow out thicker sections of application geometry to deliver faster cycles (again reducing weight and cost). After more than 30 years in the business, our development processes have been perfected through dedication to industry demands.