Position Title: Staff Accountant
Report To: Controller
Major Functions: Supports accounting operations by assisting with AP/AR transactions and will be key in the development, analysis, maintenance and retrieval of information needed to prepare cost estimates and customer quotes.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Develop BOM’s based on customer prints; analyzes BOM’s to ensure reasonableness and adequate rationale.
- Periodically coordinate with vendors to secure pricing for all items related to the BOM.
- Performs analysis of cost inputs from performing vendors to ensure pricing instructions were followed.
- Prepare pricing and cost proposal development for new/existing business and follow-on opportunities; combine raw material pricing and estimated cycle times.
- Review RFQ requirements to ensure compliance.
- Document processes and procedures in ERP system.
- Participate in standard vs. actual reviews with management.
- Assist with the processing of engineering change requests; make engineering changes and submit engineering change notices for new parts.
- Create and modify work instructions.
- Recommends cost cutting methods/opportunities to increase profitability.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain accounting database by entering AR/AP data into the computer; apply/post cash receipt, input invoices, print/mail A/P checks.
- Inquire with customers regarding A/R balance.
- Complete credit applications (new vendors) and reference request for existing customers.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Assist with record retention compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of the G/L; month-end and year-end journal entries.
- Monitor, maintain, and reconcile other accounts as assigned.
- Ensure transactions are complete, timely and accurate.
- Provide additional analysis, reporting and research as needed.
- Oversee and reconcile petty cash box and account.
- Assist in answering the phone, as necessary to support our customers.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and or Engineering preferred.
- General knowledge of CAD programs.
- Minimum of (2-3) years of experience in manufacturing industry, with focus in cost estimating, development of quotes and engineering changes preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Strong computer knowledge; MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interface with senior management.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and work in high pressure situations under deadlines.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity, organizational and presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong customer focus.