Position Title: Process Technician (3rd Shift)
Report To: Senior Process Technician
This position is responsible for technically supporting the molding operation. This person will start up the presses to ensure that we are running good parts. This person analyzes and troubleshoots new and existing tools, as well as all processing concerns.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned:
- Proactively contribute to the success of the molding department by ensuring quality standards, production schedules, and established standards are met.
- Use structured problem solving methods to troubleshoot and conduct appropriate root cause analysis.
- Conduct molding sampling of tools, materials, processes, and any other item related to the molding operation. Provide proper completion of documentation and warranted by our procedures. Work with engineering, quality control, production control, and sales as applicable.
- Perform start-ups, troubleshooting of tools, presses, and processes.
- Provide leadership of fluid control and pellet control programs. Maintain superior housekeeping throughout the department.
- Proactively contribute, evaluate, and support Continuous Improvement projects throughout the plant, particularly in areas of processes and work flow. Encourage employee involvement.
- Serve as a backup to the Molding Supervisor.
- Participate in Safety Committee and Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Assist with determining departmental needs, maintenance of equipment, and expansion of the company’s capabilities.
- Promote safety throughout the plant. Actively participate in awareness programs.
- Perform the essential functions of the job within acceptable OSHA and safety/ environmental regulations, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, procedures and applicable work instructions.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in business management (or) certificate of completion of a technical plastics processing program, (or) minimum of three (3) years injection molding technical processing experience, (or) five (5) years experience working with in the DeKalb Molded Plastics molding department.
- Have an understanding of the injection molding process and press operation. Be familiar with all types of auxiliary equipment such as: granulators, material movement systems including silos, blenders, vacuum loaders, chillers, compressors, nitrogen systems, and hoists.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and provide direction, feedback and leadership.
- Must be able to read and understand Blue Prints.
- Flexibility with shift schedule, ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to perform the following task; Bending, walking, pulling, kneeling, climbing
- Able to lift (up to 75lbs)
- Working on machines (general maintenance)
- Forklift License
- Strong customer focus.