Position Title: Molding Supervisor
Report To: Molding Manager
This position is responsible for leading and managing daily production in our molding department. Ensuring that the DeKALB Way is part of the daily way that the area is managed and that safety is at the forefront as a priority for this position. Though schedules do not change frequently, flexibility with scheduling/shifts is required of supervisors.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Promoting and ensuring a safe work environment and environmental compliance.
- Promoting our safety culture and ensuring safety talks and safety contacts are completed by all.
- Embracing the DeKALB Way and using our coaching philosophy to further enhance employee relations and retention.
- Leading, managing and training a crew of approximately 15-20 production workers.
- Ensuring production goals are met or exceeded, including yield, throughput and quality.
- Applying lean manufacturing best practices and driving continuous improvement with people and processes.
- Partnering effectively with maintenance and engineering to optimize equipment performance and reliability and assisting with LEAN projects, including 5S.
- Planning, organizing and delegating work assignments to ensure schedule adherence.
- Contribute to team effort by producing quality products by; following and enforcing established sop’s, work instructions and polices in keeping with ISO quality Standards.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of records and reports.
- Promote Continuous Improvement in all areas of the department. Encourage employee involvement and team concepts.
- Assist with determining departmental needs, maintenance of equipment, and expansion of the company’s capabilities.
- Performs start-ups, troubleshooting of tools, presses and processes.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in business or related field and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Injection molding knowledge would be helpful, but not required.
- Excellent working knowledge of safety and environmental practices and regulations, including OSHA regulations.
- Strong communication skills and computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and other process improvement processes.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting abilities.
- Proficient in working with Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, diagrams, blue prints, and measuring instruments.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts with appropriate gauges.
- Ability to hear machine operation sounds that may indicate defective parts, machine failures, changes in speed, and other routine running conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to work on alternate shifts as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training, such as cross –training, troubleshooting and team development training.
- Strong Customer Focus.