Position Title: Molding Supervisor
Report To: Director of Operations
This position is responsible for providing supervisory support to the molding operation. This position reports to the Molding General Supervisor or designee and is responsible for leading and managing daily production in our molding department. Though schedules do not change frequently, flexibility with scheduling/shifts is required of supervisors.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Leading, managing and training a crew of approximately 15-20 production workers.
- Ensuring production goals are met or exceeded, including yield, throughput and quality.
- Promoting and ensuring a safe work environment and environmental compliance.
- Applying lean manufacturing best practices and driving continuous improvement with people and processes.
- Partnering effectively with maintenance and engineering to optimize equipment performance and reliability and assisting with LEAN projects.
- Planning, organizing and delegating work assignments to ensure schedule adherence.
- Performs start-ups, troubleshooting of tools, presses and processes.
- Contribute to team effort by producing quality products by; following and enforcing established sop’s, work instructions and polices in keeping with ISO quality Standards.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of records and reports.
- Promote Continuous Improvement in all areas of the department. Encourage employee involvement and team concepts.
- Assist with determining departmental needs, maintenance of equipment, and expansion of the company’s capabilities.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in business or related field preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Structural foam knowledge and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated the basic knowledge of the injection molding process and ability to learn inner working of injection molding process.
- Strong management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Excellent working knowledge of safety and environmental practices and regulations, including OSHA regulations.
- Strong communication skills and computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and other process improvement processes.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting abilities.
- Extensive computer experience in working with Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, diagrams, blue prints, and measuring instruments.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts with appropriate gauges.
- Ability to hear machine operation sounds that may indicate defective parts, machine failures, changes in speed, and other routine running conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to work on alternate shifts as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training, such as cross –training, troubleshooting and team development training.
- Strong Customer Focus.