Position Title: Molding Set-Up (B) Technician
Report To: Set-Up Supervisor
The Setup (B) Technician is responsible to carry out tasks that are assigned by the Set-Up Supervisor. This person may at times work alone however the majority of time will be spent working as a team to perform all aspects of mold changeovers. This person will perform preventative maintenance to insure reliability of molds and equipment along with troubleshooting and resolving downtime issues. A limited amount of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems knowledge is required. Call-In and short notice overtime may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned. Follow all OSHA required standards, regulations and DEKALB safety procedures. Live our core values.
Perform prep work to prepare for mold changeovers (10% of the job)
- Update or revise mold and insert changeover instructions.
- Communicate parts inventory issues.
- Attend and/or conduct training sessions.
Perform mold changeovers (70% of the job)
- Know why and what types of fasteners to select.
- Operate material handling equipment and bridge crane.
- Read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Understand thermal expansion.
- Maintain safest possible working environment for self and co-workers.
- Complete necessary documentation and records.
- Organize and direct other team members.
- Wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Uses continuous improvement to perform all aspects of job function.
Perform routine preventative maintenance (10% of the job)
- Understand lubricating principles.
- Perform safety inspection on equipment.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Perform all activities as listed for the setup C tech.
Respond to trouble calls and mold performance issues (10% of the job)
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve mold related issues.
- Identify and replace defective or worn hydraulic cylinders.
- Establish and maintain effective communication.
- Respond to trouble calls and mold performance issues to seek cause and perform or assist with repair.
- Use volt-ohm-meter.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and/or G.E.D. required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in industry field or related industry
- Forklift license required.
- Basic hand & power tools, fasteners, measuring instruments, welding & welding components
- Mechanically proficient
- Strong team skills
- Thermal expansion
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and diagrams
- Test equipment such as V-O-M and digital thermometer
- Complete courses in basic hydraulics and pneumatics, electrical, electrical motor controls.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Alternate shifts when needed.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to alternate shifts as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.