Position Title: Molding Machine Operator
Report To: Molding Supervisor
Operates the machines and equipment used in the manufacturing of products and will work with other employees to effectively meet or exceed expectations for product quality and production rates.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Remove products from the press and process them for shipment or transfer to finishing department.
- Measure products to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Package and label products as directed in job packet (work instructions).
- Operate machinery and equipment used in the manufacture of products.
- Read and follow operating manuals; work instructions, master samples, process alerts and procedures.
- Follow established documentation for producing manufactured product.
- Perform in-process inspection of all parts and/or assemblies in accordance with the requirements stated in the job packet (work instructions) or as otherwise stated on drawings or master sample.
- Perform the essential functions of the job within acceptable OSHA and safety/ environmental regulations, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, procedures and applicable work instructions.
- Perform SPC, visual and gauge inspection, and complete required forms.
- Involvement in our Continuous Improvement and Safety initiatives.
- Clean the machine and surrounding work areas to ensure the housekeeping and safety of the plant.
- Operate machines as assigned and assist co-workers at other workstations as needed.
- Perform any work deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Identify, properly contain, and label scrap/purging.
- Perform any secondary processes
- Perform rework as necessary.
- Clean work cell during shift and before shift change.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and/or G.E.D. required.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.