Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Report To: Technical Manager
This position is responsible to perform daily activities that support the maintenance coverage of various operations throughout the plant. Actions will range from those of a preventative to a proactive nature to emergency repair and corrective action. Support of production departments, both molding and finishing, on a daily basis is an essential element of the position.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned:
- Review and perform a pre-determined preventive maintenance inspection as per schedule.
- Perform general maintenance activities as required to:
- Molding machines.
- Molding auxiliary systems equipment
- Finishing Department booths, conveyor lines and associated equipment.
- Equipment related to various indirect departments.
- Perform building and grounds maintenance of a general nature as required.
- Perform inspection of fire safety system as per schedule.
- Assist in the training of the general maintenance personnel.
- Assist in training molding staff on plant start-up and shut down procedures.
- Assist with mold (tool) maintenance.
- Assist with mold (tool) repair, such as pins, sleeves, scratches, nicks, and assembly after molding runs.
- Build fixtures and other miscellaneous items as required.
- Perform as required back-up assistance with molding set-ups.
- Maintain superior housekeeping throughout the department, highlighting fluid control and pellet control programs.
- Perform the essential functions of the job within acceptable OSHA and safety/ environmental regulations, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, procedures and applicable work instructions.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates (or) Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance
- 3 or 5 years in Industrial Maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Electric, Hydraulic, and Robotic systems.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, add, and subtract.
- Must have a fork lift license.
- Must be able to understand written/verbal instructions.
- Must be able to trouble shoot the following; Electrical, Hydraulic, Mechanical systems
- Basic Electrical Certificate
- Basic Hydraulic Certificate
- Must be able to read tool Blue Prints
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.