Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Report To: Director of Operations
This position is responsible for the maintenance operations throughout the plant, including buildings and grounds. This requires the supervision of all maintenance personnel including all contracted labor. Technical support will be given to all departments throughout the organization, particularly in molding and finishing.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Direct departmental personnel to adequately provide maintenance coverage of the plant, equipment, processes, buildings, and grounds.
- Manage and direct preventive maintenance programs, interacting at times with other departments.
- Work with Engineering/QA Manager and Molding General Supervisor to schedule and expedite maintenance and repair issues.
- Maintain adequate maintenance files, inspection reports, repair logs and fire-safety reports.
- Direct the purchasing of maintenance and related factory supplies. Maintain an adequate stock inventory, while appropriately controlling expenditures within established budgets.
- Support set-up personnel, providing training as applicable. Assist as possible to expedite mold set-up and cleaning of nozzles.
- Support material handling personnel, assisting with the warehouse plan, and provide training as applicable.
- Maintain daily support of finishing department maintenance issues.
- Assist with technical support throughout the operation.
- Build fixtures and tooling, as capable.
- Maintain superior housekeeping throughout the department, highlighting fluid control and pellet control programs.
- Support, promote, and participate in Continuous Improvement projects throughout the plant. Encourage employee involvement.
- Participate in the capital budget process each year, representing the needs of the various departments, maintaining equipment, buildings, grounds, and expanding the company’s capabilities.
- Assist with any environmental risk programs and/or governmental permitting processes.
- Participate actively on the Emergency Plan Committee, accepting all assigned leadership duties thereof.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Business Management; or certificate of completion of a technical maintenance program, (or) minimum of three (3) years maintenance supervision experience, (or) five (5) years’ experience working with in the DeKalb Molded Plastics maintenance department.
- Working knowledge of Electric, Hydraulic, and Robotic systems.
- Must have a fork lift license.
- Must be able to understand written/verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, add, and subtract.
- Must be able to trouble shoot the following; Electrical, Hydraulic, Mechanical systems
- Basic Electrical Certificate
- Basic Hydraulic Certificate
- Must be able to read tool Blue Prints
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.