Position Title: IT-QC Coordinator
Reports To: Engineering/QA Manager
This position has dual responsibilities. The person’s main responsibility will be to determine, develop, and implement the company’s information technology goals. They will also be handling other IT related items such as infrastructure, applications and surroundings. In addition, this person will be responsible to perform tasks in the quality department including audits, calibrations, automating the processes, etc.
IT Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned:
- Act as a primary contact for all application system problems. Investigate user problems, analyze and document problem, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Serves as the information resource for system users; including determination of the most appropriate data source, and involving end users in development of system, data collection, inputs, and retrieval of any necessary data for reports and analysis.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Monitor user proficiency with relevant systems. Insures that users are kept informed of all system updates; and that all updates are fully tested before moving to the “Live” mode.
- Serve as the IT Lead/driver to build out efficiency, usage and application of the IQMS system enterprise-wide.
- Remains knowledgeable of operations and the computer systems within the client department to provide comprehensive support. Applies various analysis tools and techniques to increase quality, productivity, and overall effectiveness of the operations.
- Coordinates application enhancements to existing systems; including analysis, design specifications, ERP and liaison between vendors and clients.
- Maintain relations with third party vendors as they relate to network and system issues.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Maintains IT logs for all user issues and IT updates/changes.
- Lead and/or participate on other projects, as appropriate, that apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Assist with IT issues where applicable.
QC Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned:
- Perform audits as required and report out to QA and Engineering disciplines.
- Perform monthly calibration on gages and color chips.
- Automate the quality processes using your IT skills to build databases or simplify data collection.
- Assist in performing dimensional measurements on new/existing products.
- Assist in / develop / obtain measurement gages
- Interface with Engineering, Master Samples, assist with supplying sample parts, and assist in addressing nonconformities.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in IT or equivalent experience
- Quality experience preferred.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity.
- Possesses strong time management, multitasking, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- The understanding of quality principles, statistical methods and sampling techniques.
- Must be able to participate in job development training, such as cross –training, troubleshooting and team development training.
- Must be able to work O.T. and off hours, if required
- Previous experience with system implementations and process improvements
- Excellent follow-up skills and ability to stay committed to see complicated problems through to a solution.
- Strong customer focus.