Position Title: Electrical Technician
Report To: Technical Manager
This position is responsible to perform daily activities that support the maintenance coverage of various operations throughout the plant, and specifically take responsibility for those that are electrical in nature. Actions will range from those of a preventative to a proactive nature to emergency repair and corrective action. Support of production departments, both molding and finishing, on a daily basis is an essential element of the position.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Response, troubleshooting and recovery of production systems
- Support operations personnel in equipment sequence of operations and Lock Out / Tag Out
- Recovery of failed control systems (PC’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, robots, controllers, etc.)
- Develop maintenance personnel in more advanced electrical techniques and troubleshooting
- Assist in root cause identification with detailed factual communication of failures and suggestions
- Electrical schematic and/or programming changes archives and documentation set management
- Control systems archive management (PC’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, robots, controllers, etc.)
- Work with Technical Manager for control system replacements, upgrades and reliability
- Work with Technical Manager for process performance improvement
- Control / Machine Wiring
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical system preventive maintenance
- Special projects as assigned.
- Perform general maintenance activities as required to:
- Molding machines.
- Molding auxiliary systems equipment
- Finishing Department booths, conveyor lines and associated equipment.
- Equipment related to various indirect departments.
- Assist in training molding staff on plant start-up and shut down procedures.
- Assist with mold (tool) maintenance / electrical wiring.
- Maintain superior housekeeping throughout the department, highlighting fluid control and pellet control programs.
- Perform the essential functions of the job within acceptable OSHA and safety/ environmental regulations, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, procedures and applicable work instructions.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in Electrical/Electronic/Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology from a Technical or Community College and 1 – 3 years of experience or equivalent experience
- PLC troubleshooting, recovery, configuration & basic programming in Ladder Logic
- Servo System configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
- Robotics configuration, adjustment and basic part teaching / programming new jobs ( Fanuc)
- HMI programming, configuration and recovery (Panel view)
- Computer Hard drive recovery and configuration
- Computer hardware/software troubleshooting on multiple operating systems (DOS & Windows-Many Versions)
- Electrical schematic CAD changes (ACAD LT)
- Proficient in electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Must be able to read, write, add, and subtract.
- Must be able to get a forklift license.
- Must be able to understand written/verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read tool Blue Prints
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.