Position Title: Assembler Finisher
Report To: Finisher Supervisor
This position is responsible for performing small parts assembly work of a varied nature and such other final finishing operations as are necessary to compete the processing of products.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles small components parts to various product articles by means of screws, washers, nuts, adhesives, etc.
- Performs such miscellaneous production operations as drilling, tapping, sanding, buffing, stamping cementing filing, trimming, cleaning touching-up, masking, spray painting, counting, packing, labeling, etc., of parts and products as required.
- Performs miscellaneous inspection operations using simple gauges.
- Makes up cartons and fillers, as required.
- Performs intermittent odd jobs as required.
- Learning and using all safety training and information on this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- On the job training for knowledge of how to use and operate the various tools and equipment associated with this job.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to use equipment to perform the job such as Sanders, drill press, hot-stamp press, heat stake, tape dispenser, band-saw, air powered router, air - powered screw driver, spray gun and booth, torque wrenches, and other equipment of a similar nature.
- Must be able to stand, bend, and stoop repeatedly or for long periods of time during shift.
- Lift and or carry up to 50 pounds, or more, above your waist if required.
- Must be able to understand written/verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, add, and subtract.
- Must be able to tolerate repetitive movement, griping, grasping, or twisting.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and/or G.E.D. preferred.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.