Position Title: Accounting Manager
Report To: General Manager
Major Functions: Oversees the financial and treasury functions of the company. Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial package and conduct a financial review with management.
- Develop annual operational budgets and monthly forecasts with the involvement of key management.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain standard costing system including analysis of variances.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Identify and communicate key performance drivers and explanations of variances.
- Manage and lead improvements in key financial business processes (including internal controls): Sales/Receivables, Inventory, Purchases/Payables, Fixed Assets and Payroll.
- Manage treasury/cash management functions including banking relationships, leasing and working capital management.
- Provide timely and relevant information to promote effective decision-making.
- Improve the financial literacy of the management team and production personnel.
- Provide strategic review in all areas of managing the company’s capital structure and deployment of capital.
- Provide support in the maintenance of the ERP system.
- Manage the system (software) that is used to control all phases of our operation.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends to determine future projections.
- Act as an advisor in the decision making process involving significant acquisitions of equipment or of other businesses.
- Administer the Company’s 401k plan and facilitate year-work with external accounts.
- Responsible for document control (ISO) as it relates to financial documents.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Live our core values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- Minimum of (3-5) years of experience in manufacturing financial accounting.
- ERP system experience (IQMS).
- Strong computer knowledge; Excel/MS Office
- Costing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity, organizational and presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Proven ability to work with people at all levels of across the organization and focused on achieving results through others.
- Proven ability to achieve business results through effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer focus.