DeKALB recognizes the extremely competitive business environment that we all face and we will dedicate our resources to help provide you with the very best plastics product design so that you can be more competitive.
- We recognize that one of the many benefits of plastic is the ability to incorporate many features into one part so that you do not have to increase your parts count.
- We will review your plastics product design for opportunities to incorporate functional enhancements.
- We will review your plastics product design for cost savings opportunities.
- We will assist you with the plastics product design as required
- We will review your plastics product design for opportunities to save money on the tooling.
Specializing in structural foam molding, DeKALB recognizes the need to minimize tooling cost and part cost while protecting the part's functional needs. We will help you balance productivity, cost and function. In short we want you to be successful and will help you optimize your design to do so. Send your design to us and let us assist you in making your dream a reality.
- Complete part design review
- C.A.D. Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Mold flow / Mold cool
- Project Optimization
- Project Management
- Plastics Tool Design and Build Management
- Material Selection
Alternative Materials Conversion
While fiberglass parts may serve well as prototypes, Structural Foam has many advantages, shorter cycle times than RTM or hand lay up, greater consistency of mounting points and better fit up to mating components, no catalyst "blooming" out of the part while heat curing the paint, no VOC issues with production of the parts. Contact us and let us help you upgrade your product.
Sheet metal is a long established material for products, but in many cases structural plastics parts can perform the task equal or better to the sheet metal counterpart and plastic parts can be made to incorporate several sheet metal parts with fasteners into one part. Structural Plastic parts can also be recycled at the plant of origin. Offall and damaged items do not have to be trucked to some other facility to be reclaimed, reformed to raw stock and trucked back to begin the final forming process. Plastic is recyclable in-house. These items allow Structural Plastics to be a superior process for producing your part. Contact us and let us help you upgrade your product.