A traditional segment supported by structural foam manufacturing is Material Handling. We have great expertise developing and manufacturing applications that support this segment. However, Dekalb Molded Plastics has evolved and broadened our value proposition to also manufacture applications that support higher value materials. We define Specialty Material Handling as “Applications that contain, enclose, protect & house items of value like food products, medical components, textiles and other valuable consumer & industrial items.”
Core capabilities include;
- Unique handling applications for Industrial Components & Hazardous Materials
- Complex folding transport boxes for bulk and liquid products
- Application development innovation to reduce costs and maximize efficiency
- Focus on Supply Chain Visibility
- Environmentally responsible supplier using up to 100% recyclable materials
- Process technology that allows low tool dollar investment
- Unique value added supplier with state of the art surface enhancement technology
- System development converting multiple parts to one seamless, low cost application
- Application development in parts that require vibration dampening
The low pressure injection molded process at DeKALB focuses on structural foam molding which uses a chemical blowing agent to create a solid cellular structure that reduces weight and costs. Results are applications that maintain strength to weight ratio similar to metal.
The other unique plastic manufacturing process we are experienced in is gas assist molding where nitrogen gas is used to hollow out thicker sections of application geometry to deliver faster cycles to again reduce cost and weight. After 32+ years in the business, our development processes have been perfected to a science.