Position Title: Molding Set-Up (C) Technician
Report To: Improvement Engineer
The Setup (C) Technician is responsible to carry out tasks that are assigned by the Improvement Engineer. This person may at times work alone; however, the majority of time will be spent working as a team to perform all aspects of mold changeovers. This includes the cleaning, assembly, and testing of nozzles, nozzle blocks, barrels, rods, and manifold extensions. Employee will use a variety of fasteners and miscellaneous mechanical hardware to perform preventative maintenance and mold changeovers. Call in and short notice overtime may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned. Follow all OSHA required standards, regulations and DEKALB safety procedures. Live our core values. Perform prep work to prepare for mold changeovers. (30% of the job)
- Effectively communicate information to other team members.
- Use a variety of fasteners.
- Use torch and other hand tools to clean plastic from used nozzle blocks, manifold extensions, barrels, rods.
- Build complete nozzle assemblies and test for proper operation.
- Repair and make-up water hoses w/fittings to various lengths.
- Rebuild hydraulic cylinders by using seal kits and any additional hardware.
- Perform prep work to prepare for mold changeovers.
- Attend training sessions to maintain and improve technical knowledge.
Perform mold changeovers. (50% of the job)
- Follow written instructions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Fill out forms such as MWR’s, MDR’s, Purchase Req’s, Tool Purchase, etc.
- Operate material handling equipment and bridge crane.
- Maintain safest possible working environment for self and co-workers.
- Uses continuous improvement to perform all aspects of job function.
Perform routine preventative maintenance. (10% of the job)
- Clean, inspect, and lubricate equipment and machinery.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of molds, set-up equipment, tools, and mold related equipment.
- Communicate parts inventory issues to the shift lead.
Respond to trouble calls and mold performance issues. (10% of the job)
- Respond to trouble calls and mold performance issues to seek cause and perform or assist with repair.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and/or G.E.D. required.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Forklift license required.
- Basic hand & power tools, fasteners, measuring instruments
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
- Must be able to alternate shifts as required.
- Must be able to participate in job development training.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus.